search bar

Custom Search

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hong Kong trip 2010 - Part 2

My mum and I followed the tour guide's direction on the 2nd day of our tour, and took a cab from our accommodation point to the food street called 'lady's street' a.k.a 女人街。I must say that the street foodies tasted much more authentic and delicious as compared to those sold in their local shopping malls. We had dinner at this roadside restaurant, which is typical to those that you used to see in the Hong Kong dramas whereby they had many authentic local delicacies on sale. Tourists like us would be mad overwhelmed by the fact that the food served is REALLY delicious!

And I was extremely elated with the fact that they had Pig's blood (猪血)! Oh goodness it was really so fantastic for me to be able to get to eat this delicacy once again, as due to the fact that there are no more Pigs blood allowed for sale because of the swine flu that occurred in the recent years (though Pig has got nothing to do with the swine flu). With also addition to the fact that the AVA is encouraging the consumption of frozen pork (much more economically sold). I've not had Pig's blood for almost like... 12 years! Can imagine my excitement when I got to lay my hands on the food on my table. haha~

Here comes the food!

Goose meat. Super delicious! Oh my I can eat this everyday and not get sick out it. It was cooked with dark soy sauce, cinnamon and other spices. with also a generous serving of peanuts along with the dish too! Mum was very happy to be able to eat this, as it was her main motive to enjoy this dish during our trip~ lolx.


My favourite! Pigs Blood. It is cut into mouth sized cubes for easier consumption. cooked with chives and dark say sauce and onions. Yums! It melts in your mouth! But this is a non Halal dish, so i'm sorry if any muslim/malay readers are reading this post. You may also order goose blood too! it tastes the same and the cooking method is similar to the latter.


Pig stomach soup a.k.a 猪肚汤 with pickled mustard leaves and white pepper. the soup is CHOOO OIISHI! You cannot find such authentic taste in Singapore leh. weird! I'd love to go back to this stall again next year when I get back to Hong kong! =) a bowl of soup like this warms up your stomach because the weather is so cold, and it keeps you warm for the rest of the night! the white pepper really does the trick haha~


Black fish a.k.a. 乌鱼。I've only managed to try out this fish in Hong Kong, and it was my first time having this! It has a milky taste and it is so delicious, I forgot that I'm not an avid fish lover. (ok i don't like certain fishes as they have this fishy stench and mud taste). It is a must try when you go to Hong Kong! And it was really nice of the vendor to de-bone the fish before serving it, it makes the meal much more easier as you know it would be such a hassle if we were to pick the bones while eating the fish.

I guess it was due to the fact that the Hong Kong island is surrounded by the seas, and they
were able to catch very fresh fishes everyday, rain or shine. That gives us an explanation of why the fishes are SO fresh! =) Singapore usually imports their fishes from our neighbouring countries and by the time the seafood lands in here, it would not be as fresh as it is supposed to be. Well, it still tasted good though. Shouldn't be that calculative over it. haha~

We finished our meal and then headed to Tsim Sha Tsui for the annual fireworks that is sponsored by Cathay Pacific. And also due to the fact that it was the 2nd day of the Lunar Chinese New Year, the streets were packed with people from everywhere! It was the 2nd fireworks that I've seen in the year, as the first one was during my stay in Disneyland. =)


took their MTR (similar to our MRT) towards our next destination.


Tour guide helping us to buy the tickets.


I think their main vendors are the Vita company? (Vitasoy and other beverages), as I've seen alot of these machines around the island during our trip. Now, you can even find them in MTR stations. haha~ Massive advertising huh~



Reached the station and is walking towards the location where the fireworks is.



just look at the madly crowded place. omg. every practically swarmed to the location and flooded the area! the policemen had to make announcements to spread them across the streets.


Night life of Tsim Sha Tsui. haha~ Please bring a map along or you will be lost in the crowd! I wonder why the places looked the same to me leh.





fireworks!
so pretty i almost cried. haha~


and do you know? their 7-11 is spread across the streets! really a series of 'Convenience' stalls! =)


The busy streets of Hong Kong. I find their buses relatively cute! haha~

Ok that's all for now. Will update again on the trip soon! so, stay tuned!

loves~

No comments:

Post a Comment